Questions? Contact Stacy Humes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-549-3800 ext. 122.
To qualify for consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a U.S. Citizen.
- The student must be at least 15 years old and have completed their freshman year of high school at the time he/she departs for camp.
- The student must still be enrolled in school at the time of the camp.
- Be on a high school track that will provide a basis for attending an accredited engineering college or university (i.e., taking appropriate math and science courses).
- Have an expressed intent to pursue a degree in architecture, engineering or a related field.
- Have demonstrated leadership characteristics through participation in extra-curricular activities, sports, and/or community activities.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- Be physically fit and healthy (not have any physical limitations including, but not limited to the following: a requirement to take mandatory medication that requires special handling; sprained joints; or, neck, shoulder, or back injuries).
- Be of high moral character.
- Students who have attended an SAME Engineering and Construction Camp prior to this year will not be eligible to attend the same camp. Students are eligible to attend a specific camp once only.
- Students must be sponsored by a local SAME Post. Please see the Camp Application Process for details.
ADDITIONAL FOR THE USAFA CAMP:
- If the student is completing their junior year of high school, they must provide some proof of an expressed interest in applying to a Service Academy or ROTC Program (this does not include JROTC).
- Proof of being a qualified applicant.
The total registration fee for the camp is $580. The student is responsible for paying half the registration fee, $290; checks should be made out to the sponsoring SAME Post. The sponsoring SAME Post will pay the remainder of the fee and will work with the student on transportation cost. (A Post may choose to restructure this payment plan based on special situations. Your local Post will tell you if this opportunity is available.)